Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Funny, the things I've taken for granted
the smallest things that I wouldn't even notice
in my day-to-day grind.
Even funnier, the things I care too much about
but I really shouldn't.


With all this nice weather, I've had time to go outside and
think about my life, while really appreciating the beautiful
Washington landscape around me.
I mean, it's no Mona Lisa, but I know that down the line
I'm not going to live here anymore.
The comforts and lifestyle that I know now
might not exist to me in the future.
The very room I lay down in at this moment
may only stay "my room" for X amount of years.
These blue walls, that I painted myself,
the burn marks on the carpet from when I made mistakes,
how my furniture is set up for my daily routines.
Man, I'm going to miss this place.

And it's kind of funny, I used to dream about when I could leave
and now I'm thinking, damn, I wish this comfort lasted forever
All the good times, hell, even the shitty times
Created this comfort.
As I think about it though,
It's not like I won't ever find comfort in my life again
Growing up, I'll be able to create my own happiness.

Come to think of it, thats really all I want out of life.
Fucking happiness.
Some people want a high paying career, thats fine
status, money, power, none of it matters to me if I'm not happy.
If I found pure happiness in being a custodian, with sufficient
financial arrangements to live comfortably for the rest of my life,
I would do it.
Sometimes I think, if ever I become wealthy,
I should live life as a beach bum on the beautiful shores of Hawaii.
Why Hawaii? I've been there three times in my lifetime so far,
Maui, Oahu, Big Island
it just seems that people appreciate things more there
Maybe it's in my head.
I just like it there.

I want to wake up every morning
excited for what's to come
not wishing that I didn't have to do it
Something I can grow with
and be good and get better at.
Maybe I should look into being a professional Dreamer.

No comments: