Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sitting in my old room, yeah the office
bumping everything from Marvin Gaye to Duran Duran
it's starting to get dark, you know
that in-between sunset time
where you just feel like
sitting down and enjoying life
slowly. With slow sips of death
to get the blood flowing
and thoughts a-brewing.
Hopes, dreams, wishes, pain, suffering
I don't feel any of it at this time.
Yeah, man. THIS time.


So I figured out that I'm miserable.
Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean I'm always sad.
It goes, I can have good times and
be miserable at the same time
because despite the fact that I'll be smiling and laughing
I'm still going to feel something else inside
So technically, I'm happy.
Technically, I'm miserable.
I'm happy that I found out that I am miserable.
At least I know it.


Instead of taking notes through Criminal Law, I scribbled down
some random thoughts, coming from my barely awake,
caffiene free, uncomfortable chair, wierd African guy sitting next to me
morning.

The ATM stole my heart
All I did was present my Love-Card
Not to be confused with my V-Card
because thats been long gone
And so I guess my card got eaten by the machine
Insufficient funds, no doubt
Check hasn't come in,
Don't think it will be any time soon
just got laid off
the recession got to me too
Maybe I'll stand on my corner
Panhandle for some spair love
Cardboard sign and all
I'm sorry everyone
I just need to refill my Heart-Account
at the bank of ME

No comments: