Sunday, April 26, 2009

Thanks to the wonders of facebook,
I've gotten into contact with relatives
who haven't seen me since I was a baby
Now, I haven't seen them since then either
but they always just say "the last time I saw you,
you were a baby" and I thought it would fit

Another thing about these newfound relatives
is that they're all from my dad's side of the family.
What I don't really mention though
is that my mom and biological father have been
divorced since I was 2
So I never really got to know that side
In fact, I met my real dad for the first time
in October 2008.
So, I kind of have a "long lost" family.

My cousin is telling me now
about another cousin of mine
who was murdered in 1993
My time had barely even started
but reading the article about him
I can definately see what runs in my family

"He used his first paychecks to purchase a red 1986 Dodge Charger from his stepfather. After that, most of the earnings were earmarked for necessities such as insurance and clothes. A little money also was put aside each week in hopes of someday buying a sportier car. "
"He paid all his own bills," his stepsister said. "He was just such a nice, hard-working kid."
"At 17, he had almost complete financial independence from his mother and stepfather."
"I'm going to do something with my life," he told his sisters. "

I guess things do run in the family
cars, clothes, independence,
ambition
Probably a lot more other things
I just don't know about it yet.

I don't know why I'm blogging this
Just figured, blogger would be the only place
worth telling
because as far as I know, only four people would see it for sure
maybe five or six.
Maybe it's so it takes my mind off other things
or because I want people to think
I'm not thinking about other things
like you and you, or then, or later
or what the fuck I'm doing anymore.


http://www.dailyherald.com/special/brownschicken/part5_solis.asp

No comments: